Refinished Bathtub Care Instructions: How to care for your newly refinished surface:
Surface Conditioning: Caring for your newly refinished surface is easy if you follow these 6 easy steps. Please do not use the fresh surface for a full 24 Hours. All newly refinished surfaces will have a little surface dust. This is from small particles in the air that can settle onto the newly refinished surfaces. Do not pick at the dust particles normal use and regular cleaning will remove them within a few weeks.
Do not scrub clean your newly refinished tub for at least one week. Even though the coating is dry enough to use after 24hrs, it is still curing (hardening) for a week after. A good rinsing after each shower or bath will keep soap from building up on the surface in the mean time.
Bathtub refinishing, when done by Surface Genie will extend the life of your bathtub for 10 – 15 years or more when you use the same basic care and maintenance guidelines as recommended by new tub manufacturers. Kohler, American Standard, Aquatic, and others do not recommend harsh or abrasive cleaners; neither do I !
Clean the surface with a sponge or a cloth. Scouring pads can scratch the surface.
1. Always use non-abrasive cleaners to clean any refinished surface. I recommend the use of any of these non abrasive cleaners: Scrubbing Bubbles, Simple Green or dish Soap.
2. Do not use bleach abrasive scrubbing pads, such as Scotchbrite, or any similar pad as this will scratch the new surface.
3. Please maintain faucets and plumbing as a leaking faucet will damage the surface of the tub. Do not subject the surface to dyes of any type.
4. Destruction of the surface may occur by using acid compounds such as drain openers or tile grout cleaners. All harsh chemicals should be kept away from the finish, including hair dyes, nail polish remover, and perfumes. Please keep toys from chipping bathtubs. Use rubber toys only, not hard plastic.
5. Damage may occur to any refinished surface when exposed to extreme heat. Please keep hot objects away from the refinished surface.
6. Do not use bath mats with suction cups. I can install a slip resistant surface for a nominal charge but you must still use caution when using the bathtub. Surface Genie is not responsible for accidents in the bathtub or any injury resulting from a slip and fall on a refinished surface.
DO NOT SET ANYTHING ON A REGLAZED SURFACE AT ANY TIME, INCLUDING SOAP, BOTTLES, SHAVING CREAM CANS OR SIMILAR ITEMS. They will trap moisture and could stain the surface!
Before & After
Ceramic Tile Refinishing is Inexpensive, Durable and a Great Option V.S. Removal and Replacement of Tile Counter-tops, Vanities and Walls.
Ceramic Tile Refinishing — Very important to understand the difference between ceramic tile refinishing and painting ceramic tile? Ceramic tile refinishing is a process that involves special equipment, primers, bonding agents, top coats and clear finishes. The difference between painting and refinishing tile are durability, surface gloss, and how long the new surface will last. Ceramic tiles that are painted with simple spray enamels or with rolled-on epoxy will not look as good as professionally refinished tile. It will not last as long as professionally refinished tile, or look and feel like real tile..